Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween without buying anything new....300 days to go!

I'm officially 65 days down, a little over 2 months, and it has been surprisingly easy so far. Every once in awhile I have an "I want that!" pang, but it's very rare, and more because I've found something practical I know I would get a lot of use out of. 

However, when I arrive at situations like Halloween, I really wish I could get a costume! I haven't dressed up for awhile, so I don't have a costume stock pile. So, I need to come up with something creative with what I have, and I just dunno what to do. I thought about being Joan from Mad Men, but I don't have Red Hair (or the curves, but that's not a big deal! Ha ha!).  I'm really gonna have to think on this one! If you can think of any good costume ideas, let me know!! Getting a little risque or crazy with it is fine too!

So tell me, what are YOU gonna be for Halloween!?!

9 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are going as Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty.
    (I have red hair, and his head is shaved.)
    Next year I want to dress up as boy/girl garden gnomes:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I ran out of time, money, and inclination. I put on a regular outfit, and a sign around my neck that said "nudist on strike"

    Sometimes it just is what it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. easy to dress as a vampire. just wear dressy clothes, put too much powder and eye make-up on. don't know if you can buy fake teeth... do they fit in with the no buying clothes? don't seem like clothes to me.
    Or go as the dead girl with same as above clothes-wise and powder, just put red lipstick around your neck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe layer several dresses/skirts and go as a clown. Sort of a play on Lent's ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you guys are just FULL of great ideas! The nudist on strike idea sounds especially clever and easy. But, the rest of the ideas really blew me out of the water too! Well done, ladies!n8swife, you and your hubby are so creative! And Lent, those are some awesome low-cost costumes! Awesome!

    I actually found a sweet little 60's dress in the back of my closet, and decided that I just HAVE to be one of the characters from one of my favorite shows: Mad Men. That's right, I'm gonna go as Joan Holloway!! Of course, I'm gonna have to pad my boobs to high heaven, but it'll be a no-shopping costume!

    I'd love to hear more ideas for the other readers, and what you may wear if you haven't already shared:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never watched Mad Men, but so many people seem to love it... I'll have to check it out and see what all the fuss is about.

    60's dress sounds awesome; you've gotta post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could go as white lies and dress in all black and put white tape all over you that have common lies on them. thats what i did

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going as Velma Dinkley from Scooby Doo! It came out really good. I have pics at my blog, please visit!
    http://needleshooksbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. White lies...now that is creative! What a good idea! One of my friends had the idea of being a "freak in the sheets" and just putting a couple of sheets around yourself. Kinda silly, but rather clever.

    And Nancy, I checked out your pictures, that is an AWESOME costume! Wow! How creative! You did a great job and it really suits you. Thank you so much for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete