Monday, August 30, 2010

Weight on...Weight off (355 days to go!)

Clothing and weight gain/weight loss. What a weight-y topic! Ha ha ha! All puns aside, I've had to deal with this, and I know I am FAR from alone on that! There was a time when I'd NEVER have signed up to not buy clothes for a year because one of these 2 things:

1) I was gaining weight
2) I was losing weight

Many people go through a time of finding their ideal weight, or dealing with weight issues. And, clothing is along for the ride. I was lucky to be able to alter some of my "Fat Clothes" down after I lost weight, but making clothes bigger is a whole other issue as it is MUCH more difficult!

Prior to this last year, I'd been at the same weight for about 3 or 4 years after I had gained and lost 50 lbs in my first couple years of college.  I lost about 10 lbs over the course of this past year so I did have to get some new pieces to fill in voids of fitted items that wouldn't be alter-able.  My plan for this year is to not change weights:). But, other options would be:

1) Alter the items
2) Get items that are not as fitted to start with (empire waisted tops, for instance)
3) Stretchy things
4) Make new clothes
5) Live in sweatpants (well, this may not be the snazziest option...)

Any other ideas for how to handle the weight issue when on a clothing no-buy? I'd love to hear them:)

Starting tomorrow, I will spend the rest of the week giving out my BARGAIN SHOPPING TIPS! If I can't shop, other people may as well get the bargains that I would have gotten. So stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment