Saturday, August 28, 2010

The worst of all the 4 letter words: DEBT! (357 days to go...)

Debt is the worst 4 letter word. Why? Because it keeps us from being able to be truly free...it keeps us tied to a payment schedule...we end up having to pay more in the long run because of sky high interest.... Or something like that.  That is why being debt-free is so important to me though, it is a way better feeling than getting a new pair of shoes, or really awesome designer jeans. 

Trust me, I've had my trials and tribulations with the credit card...and debt. But, after paying it off years ago, it never reared its ugly head again. Debt, that is. This is what I felt like when I had debt:


(in reality, this picture taken when I really didn't want to get up early in the a.m....)

So, I am not doing this challenge to get out of debt or anything like that. But, it isn't a bad idea for people who are in debt and need a jumpstart! You can always do a no-buy, or a clothes no-buy for 1-3 months and see how much you save. I bet it would be motivating...

And on that note, I bid ye adieu on this fine Saturday evening. Hope you are all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment