This week I am highlighting all of my personal bargain shopping tips! If I can't do it, someone else might as well do it. I am gonna do this by deal category. The first category is: One Deal At a Time Deals
What is One Deal At A Time (or ODAT as it is known in bargain shopping circles)? These are websites where the retailer will literally sell one item at a time until...
a) a timer runs out or
b) it items sells out.
My favorites include: www.steepandcheap.com, www.whiskeymilitia.com, and all of their sister sites (listed fully at http://www.sacalerts.com/steepandcheap_tracker.php).
Not only are the regular deals on these sites great, and usually the best price on any item that you can find, but there are often "Dollar Deals." Dollar deals are things that are sold for $1. There are also other super cheap items that sell for a more odd number, like $1.39, or something like that. These deals are HARD to get. But I am gonna tell you how to do it (you lucky ducks!!). To start, the only 2 websites that consistently have the dollar deals are www.steepandcheap.com and www.whiskeymilitia.com . The others have great deals, but rarely have dollar deals.
1) It really helps if you have a desk job and are at your computer a lot! You really have to watch the internet all the time.
2) You need to make an account on the website you want to purchase off of, including pre-loading your credit card and shipping info in (you'll see why later), and STAY logged in!
3) Watch the deals as much as possible. Some days there are 3-4 or more $1 deals, some days there are none. You can see the latest trends at the website I referenced above: http://www.sacalerts.com/steepandcheap_tracker.php.
4) So, while you are watching the deals all day, STAYING LOGGED IN to your account. Whenever the timer for the current deal gets down to a few seconds, start refreshing the page using Ctrl+R while keeping your cursor hovering over the drop down menus where you select items. This is how you catch a dollar deal in its first seconds, which is the only way to get them.
5) Don't think about sizes or colors, just go as fast as you can. If you get something that doesn't fit you great you have a nice gift for a friend out of it. Select the item size and color and select ADD TO CART as fast as you can.
6) The next page will be shipping, just let it select it for you. It'll be the slightly more expensive option, but if you select it you might lose the deal, and it's only $1 difference usually
7) It'll advance you to the credit card info page, this is why you want your info pre-loaded. It'll have all of it filled in. You just have to fill in your password and press submit. If you've saved your password into your computer properly, it will already be filled in.
8) Congrats, you bought yourself a dollar deal! Now, it will give you an option to hold your order and keep adding to it. Every subsequent purchase will only be $0.99 shipping. So, that's a great deal. It'll hold it for up to 8 days and you can add to it for tremendous shipping savings. A few items aren't holdable, but, most of those don't end up as dollar deals anyway.
Any questions, let me know! Has any one on here gotten a dollar deal before? I'd love to hear about if you have, or if you do! Happy Shopping, if you dare (it's pretty addictive).
(All that bargain sharing made me tired...allow my dachshund, Roxie, to illustrate this for me :))